Always summer, never warm.
This is the mantra painted in the Coast Guard's
Polar Sea Icebreaker. While enjoying warm summers up north I've chosen a second chilly summer in McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

north american again

We made it back to the States and I'm currently in Washington for a few days until I fly to visit my parents in Ontario. It's strange being back in North America; waiting for a new path of life to open up while reflecting on the last few months of work and play. I'm excited at the potential that is out there for me, but also reluctant to make decisions again, or to be disappointed by a slower economy, or turned down for positions I want.

In the next month, or so, I hope to get my feet back on the ground after the adventure of the last 5 1/2 months and to find a bit of direction, or a goal (and a job offer). My first inclination for location after my stay in Toronto is toward a event planning or marketing job either on the Pacific Coast (from Vancouver to SanDiego) or overseas to explore another part of the earth. I leave that in God's hands, though, and trust that he will provide for me.

In the meantime, I am going to take a bit of a blogging break. I reserve the right to post a paragraph or two here and there, but allow me to take a couple weeks, or a month to catch my breath and turn a new page in life.

Please e-mail to keep in touch. It makes me happy.

No comments: