Always summer, never warm.
This is the mantra painted in the Coast Guard's
Polar Sea Icebreaker. While enjoying warm summers up north I've chosen a second chilly summer in McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

Monday, March 17, 2008

inevitable goodbye

One of the hardest things I've had to do lately was say 'goodbye' to my friend, Storey. After getting to know each other, and hanging out together in Antarctica, and then traveling together for three weeks in New Zealand and Australia, I was beginning to get used to talking to him and finding things to do with him. He's a phenomenal friend to me.

But, we are from two different states, so he flew from LA to his life in Northern California and I flew back the Bellingham, Washington. It makes me a little sad. We had some fantastic, some dorky, and some definitely memorable moments traveling together, and we still got along after three weeks of touring through foreign countries with each other! I am blessed to know him. He's been an invaluable friend to me and I hope we'll stay that way!

Thanks for the memories, Storey!

No comments: