Always summer, never warm.
This is the mantra painted in the Coast Guard's
Polar Sea Icebreaker. While enjoying warm summers up north I've chosen a second chilly summer in McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

Friday, November 23, 2007

j

My friend, J, came down this week and Genevieve and I, who traveled with him in March were quite excited to see him again. The three of us, Kevin, and Marty (who are not back on The Ice this year) rented a green van and traveled around the South Island of New Zealand together after we returned to the "real world." So, in honor of his return, Genevieve and I made a green van poster for him with pictures of our trip in the windows. We lovingly called our wheeled, colorful vehicle the "chartreuse caboose."

J is a special friend of mine. He's a great listener and a beautiful person. He's wildly animated at times, but also knows how to reflect and take it all in! Last year I affectionately referred to him as my "backup boyfriend." His life experiences are many and he's a fantastic explorer and traveler. I'm sure Genevieve, J, and I will make lots of new memories this year on The Ice!

No comments: